(B. Physiotherapy, MAPA; Cert. Yoga Instructor)
A physiotherapist, yoga teacher, perpetual learner, ever curious, and chronic perfectionist. I am passionate about health, life, the human body and every experience that relates to these.
I have been working with people and movement for over 15 years and it’s my aim to educate, empower and inspire people with the knowledge to lead a healthy lifestyle with more peace and ease.
A healthy body has always been a precious commodity in my mind and as a graduating young physiotherapist, I understood the importance of exercise and eating well to maintain health. What I didn’t realise, was that the health of our minds was just as, if not, more important. I learnt this the hard way…the result of my high desire to achieve, with part time studies on top of full-time work, the challenges of maintaining a long-distance relationship and interrupted sleep patterns was mental illness in the form of anxiety.
I am lucky in my life that I have a great support network of family and friends and an open-minded GP who thinks laterally. My journey back to wellness was by slowing down and finding ‘Centred Ground’ through a regular yoga and mindfulness practice, good nutrition, sleep and connection within the community.
Graduating Physiotherapy in 2005, I have experience in managing general and work-related musculoskeletal disorders, sporting and acute orthopaedic injury, upper limb injuries and chronic pain conditions. But my greatest learning and understanding of the connectedness of the human body and mind has come from my own experience, my studies and practice in Iyengar yoga over the past 12 years.
Prior to my yoga journey, I trained in the Clinical Pilates method and have since completed advanced training in dry needling, occupational health, muscle energy techniques and, most recently, Anatomy Trains Structural Integration and Connect Therapy with Dr LJ Lee.
- International Ergonomics Association Congress- Presenter August 2015 Melbourne, Australia: “Achieving consistency in the inconsistent world of health: a single system wide approach to job analysis.”
- Development of a Job Analysis Management System and methodology for SA Health
- DMA Clinical Pilates
- Jones Institute of Strain-Counterstrain – cranial
- Advanced Neuromuscular Dry Needling
- Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training
- Ergonomics and Occupational Health
- Structural Integration
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, University of South Australia 2005
- Graduate Certificate in Occupational Health Management 2015
- Registered Level 1 Yoga Teacher 2017, Yoga Australia (Iyengar Method)
- Connect Therapy Series Graduate
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Joint member Human Factors and Ergonomics Society & Australian Association for Manual Handling Practices
- Yoga Australia Certified Member
- Trainee Member of Iyengar Yoga Association